7/15/11

Friday, 15 July 2011: The F*&# It Factor

I've noticed during my time as a CrossFit coach that more experienced CrossFitters tend to lack the F*&# It Factor and become more conservative. Why is this? Are they afraid they may hurt themselves beyond repair or are they more afraid they won't make the lift/movement? Is the their body worn out where they need to take a rest day or does the workout look too tough to even attempt? For the most part it's always the latter. We're afraid of failure or that the WOD won't go the way we want it to because we've convinced ourselves the WOD is too tough. F*&# It and tackle your fears. Sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and just say, "F*&# It" and get your WOD on or throw on a few extra pounds to the lift or go for that extra rep. So what if you don't make the lift? So what if your body's already sore?  How can you challenge the world if you're too cautious? Sometimes you just have to swing for the fences.

STRENGTH
Press
2 Warm Up Sets
5 @ 60%
5 @ 70%
AMRAP @ 80%

WOD:
4 Rounds for time
10 Hang Power Snatch
10 Lateral Burpees
200m Run

RESULTS
Strength:
100#
115#
130# for 4

WOD:
10:00

Even though my posterior chain is wrecked from this week's WODs, I still did my WOD for today. I have to admit that I did modify the WOD. Originally it prescribed Hang Squat Snatches, but I did Hang Power Snatches to give the posterior chain a little bit of a break. This WOD really tested your Go Factor and I Went as fast as I could. I'm glad the next few days are rest days.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm sounds like how I am approaching the WOD for today. Just going in and leaving everything on the floor. Just not under the rack this time.

    ReplyDelete